Monday, February 8, 2010

A Poodle?

This blog is going to be a diary of our walk along the Obedience Trail. So far we haven't walked very far, but have enjoyed every step we've taken.

Gentry came to me at the age of 10 months. I was more than happy to get an older puppy! No house breaking or chewing up EVERYTHING. We are renting so the less destructive behavior the better =)

And his temperament... It's wonderful! He is very willing and wants to please me. Teaching him to walk on a leash was a breeze! He mostly always walks with his shoulder in line with my leg. He learned to sit in a day and lay down the next day. We haven't worked on heeling yet, but we're getting there. I'm hoping to start taking lessons in Bozeman in a couple of weeks.

Come along with us! All the trials and tribulations. I'm sure there will be many.

So far I've read several books, and now feel even more confused that before I started reading! Right now I'm reading, "Remembering to Breathe" by, Willard Bailey. Now this is proving to be a VERY helpful book and a really fun read!! I HIGHLY recommend it.

Next I'm tackling "Treats, Play, Love" by Patricia Gail Burnham. I'll let you know...

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
I am a stay at home mom of two beautiful boys and the wife of Hubby, the love of my life. I am an amateur photographer, a wanna be writer and the house keeper. (I'm not very good at that last one...)