Friday, February 19, 2010

Cesar Millan

I have become HOOKED on Cesar Millan. I can NOT believe what he can accomplish with an unstable dog. It's truly amazing and life changing to watch him working.



Today I bought his book, "Be The Pack Leader." I JUST started reading it, but wanted to share something from the first couple of pages.

"I want to acknowledge all women, and the special power that all women hold- even though they may not realize it yet. I worry about the fact that my kids are growing up in a very unstable world; a world that is going to require some incredible pack leaders if it is going to be made right again. I believe that women hold the key to helping put our world back into balance. But they can't do that until men truly acknowledge and honor the unique wisdom and the leadership women have to offer- and until women can embrace the pack leaders within themselves. More than most men, many women seem to instinctively know that leadership doesn't mean negative energy. It doesn't mean pitting one person against another, one country against another, one religion against another. I also believe that women are more likely than men to act for the good of the pack. And like dogs, we humans need to remember that without the pack we are nothing. I have seen more compassion from women in my life than I have seen from men. Women have taught me true calm-assertive leadership, and because of them I have become a better, more balanced leader in all areas of my life, not just with dogs."

What a powerful statement to be made for women! WOW!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
I am a stay at home mom of two beautiful boys and the wife of Hubby, the love of my life. I am an amateur photographer, a wanna be writer and the house keeper. (I'm not very good at that last one...)